"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." ~Confucius

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Utility Jam: Strawberry Preserves

Today was a cold, wet & dreary day here in Paradise City, so what better way to warm up our house and our spirits than by baking some bread?!? I should have made this post a long time ago considering how much we love this Banana-Berry Jam Bread! It never lasts long, rain or shine!


The great thing about this recipe is that it will go good with whatever leftover jam, jelly or preserve you happen have lingering in the fridge. Today we had the option of either strawberry or apricot, and if we had had more bananas then I probably would have made both! I also like to change the nuts with each batch depending on which jam I use. Here I used walnuts because I had some leftover from another recipe, but I'm dying to do a batch with sliced almonds. But that'll have to be a post for another day!

The link will send you to Marisa's post over at Food In Jars, but the actual recipe comes from Shae and her blog "Hitchhiking To Heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment