"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." ~Confucius

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Apple-Rosemary Marmalade

I absolutely have to rave about the fabulous Apple Marmalade with Rosemary that I made from the recipe on Tigress in a Jam's blog! Like Tigress, my catch-all crisper drawer blessed me with an abundant collection of citrus and a variety of stray apples from our weekly trips to the farmer's market.


I probably used more apples than the recipe calls for, so that would explain the three extra jars I got from my batch. I also added an extra lemon, and an extra 1/2 cup of sugar to cut the tartness. Don't get me wrong, it still has that classic marmalade bite to it, but just slightly less snappy than before.



I have mentioned before that I am not a big fan of marmalade, but this recipe instantly won me over! I couldn't stop tasting it, and neither could Jason. Thank goodness there was some leftover for a midnight snack...it was perfect on the whole wheat bread my darling hubby had baked the night before!


I already have an idea for a utility jam post featuring this marmalade! So keep an eye out for that recipe because it will be the perfect addition to the upcoming holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment